Grain analysis is the collection of quantitative and qualitative data pertaining to the microstructure and grains of a material sample.
It is a blanket term that encompasses aspects of metallurgy, crystallography, chemical characterization, and statistical analysis. This may include the statistical distribution of grain sizes as well as the identification of issues such as grain boundary fractures, voids, or irregular grain sizes, which may contribute to material or component failures.
These details can be used to verify that materials meet specified standards and confirm their mechanical properties, which is essential for maintaining product quality and safety.
JH Analytical Grain Analysis Services
- Grain Mapping and Size Distribution
- Lattice Structure and Orientation Mapping
- Dislocation and Strain Mapping
- Crystallographic Analysis
Related Grain Analysis Tools
- ThermoFisher Apreo S Field Emission SEM
- Oxford Ultim Max 100 EDS Detector
- Oxford Symmetry S2 EBSD Detector
- Buehler AutoMet 250
- Buehler EcoMet 30
- Buehler VibroMet 2
- Leica EM TIC 3X
- Leica ACE600
- Leica DM2700M
- Leica DMi8